Dog & Cat Dermatology In Orlando
- We are able to treat many skin issues for our clients pets in need at Salazar Veterinary Hospital.
- Getting help from a highly-rated veterinarian in Orlando is the best way to help your fur baby.
- Dr. David Salazar is an experienced veterinarian who can handle any skin issue.
- We keep your pet feeling safe and comfortable throughout their entire appointment .
How Veterinary Dermatology Can Help
A veterinary trained in Dermatology is a veterinarian that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of animal skin, nail, hair, hood, and mouth disorders. When humans have skin-related issues, they may seek help from a dermatologist. Pets can also benefit from seeing a specialist.
Just like humans, pets can suffer from allergies, ear infections, skin conditions and other related issues. We specialize in the treatment of skin, hair, nail and ear problems in pets. Allergies are often the underlying cause of these problems. Don’t let your pet suffer too long, call us today at (407) 807-6611 for an appointment.
Common Skin Conditions in Dogs & Cats
- Allergies to Seasonal Pollen
- Allergies to Flea Bites (Flea Dermatitis)
- Allergies to Parasites (Lice, Mites)
- Ringworm or Other Fungal Infections
- Metabolic Disorders (Hyperthyroidism, Liver Disease, Diabetes)
- Commercial Pet Food (Containing Wheat, Corn, Fillers)
- Systemic Infections (Bacteremia, Septicemia)
What Should I Expect on My Initial Visit?
When you bring your pet in for an initial visit, you’ll be asked to fill out a form that will tell the doctor about your pet’s history. Dr. Salazar will review this information with you and discuss any previous treatments that have been tried. Then, armed with that information and the results of the physical exam, they will develop appropriate treatment options.
Schedule an Appointment Today at Salazar Veterinary Hospital
Avoid treating your pet's skin condition with home remedies or herbal ointments. While some botanical ingredients may be helpful for relieving human skin problems, they can exacerbate dog and cat skin conditions by inflaming infections or severely dehydrated skin. In addition, home remedies for a pet's skin condition may cause an allergic reaction resulting in difficulty breathing or swallowing.
For more information about pet skin issues or to make an appointment with your veterinarian in Orlando, please call your us today at (407) 807-6611!