Dog & Cat Dermatology In Orlando
- Skin issues and allergies are common in pets in Central Florida; getting the appropriate diagnosis and treatment from a highly-rated veterinarian is the best way to help your pet
- Dr. David Salazar has a proven track record of identifying and treating both common and rare dermatologic ailments in dogs and cats
- From itchiness to lesions (and everything in between), Salazar Veterinary Hospital has all the necessary tools to diagnose and treat your pet’s skin issues
How Veterinary Dermatology Can Help
Anything affecting the skin — color, sensitivity, texture, etc. — is considered a dermatologic condition and could benefit from a dermatology appointment with a skilled veterinarian. Below is a list of some common conditions that can result in noticeable changes to your pet’s skin's overall well-being:
Common Skin Conditions in Dogs & Cats
- Allergies (environmental, food, flea bites, etc.)
- Ringworm or other fungal infections
- Disorders of the immune system
- Systemic infections
- Flea and other parasitic infestations
- Poor nutrition
- “Lumps and bumps” (tumors, skin tags, etc.)
What Should I Expect on My Initial Visit?
As with any first-time visit at our hospital, having your pet’s previous medical history on hand before your arrival is crucial. Don’t worry — we are happy to call your previous veterinary hospital to have those emailed to us! Reviewing your pet’s history (even the stuff that might not seem related to their current issues), combined with a physical exam and discussing your observations, helps us direct our focuses and recommendations appropriately. During every visit, we will explain our recommendations and help you make educated decisions on your pet’s behalf.
Schedule an Appointment Today at Salazar Veterinary Hospital
For more information about pet skin issues or to make a veterinary dermatology appointment, please call or text us today at (407) 807-6611!